At the Reginald Mitchell Primary School, we promote Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural awareness through all aspects of the curriculum and during our daily school life.
Through the provision of SMSC, we aim to enable children to
- Develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- Accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- Develop tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling children to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.